Saturday 2 March 2013

Would You Let Your Partner Go To Napa?

Whaddup yo! How are you guys? Good? Me too! There's the occasional bout of rage in the chest, but it's nothing Mary Jane and some music can't fix ;) -can I just say that James Blake -Retrograde has been giving me multiple eargasms, plus aftershock all day. Such a tune!).

I'd just like to take this time to boast that I've been doing my diet for 55 days now (You go Scotty Coco!). Now everyday I wake up feeling like Beyonce...and looking like Jennifer Hudson (pre-weight loss) :)

So I had meant to write this blog last month, but I chose to do my Baby Mama Drama one instead (YES the Baby Father one will still be posted once I select some appropriately inappropriate jokes to chuck in there that you can't get mad at because they're just that funny, and you all love me so much :D ).

This blog post relates to a debate that was going on, on my Twitter tl (follow me @ScottyUnfamous) last month; they were discussing if they would allow their partners to go on a clubbin holiday like Napa/Malia/Ibizia etc. The majority voted :


The reasons given were generally because holidays like Napa are notorious for men and women alike turning on their 'fuck it' switches, morphing into their YOLO alter-egos (often seen on social networks), and free falling into WHOREDOM!

Most carry the gassed mentality that 'What happens in Napa, stays in Napa'. They actually believe that their partners back home won't find out, as they're cheating in a whole other country...
I have been to Napa and if you truly believe that you can go over there and carry on all willy nilly like you will never see these people again, you my friend, are sadly mistaken! Napa is London in the sun...with a few Northerners dashed in for good measure. I went there and saw people from my old college, my ex, my friends ex, friends from uni, mutual friends of other friends and all sorts. Napa aint some safe haven for you to be moving raggo! You will see everyone you know, and get familiar with some that you don't.

Napa is a very closed environment; aint sh*t to do during the day but hang out by a hotel pool (I said A as you will get bored of your own hotel's pool and probably pop next door to someone else's), go to NISSI BEACH (EVERYONE goes to Nissi Beach), go shopping (which is dead cause there aint really sh*t to buy but wotless tourist trinkets), or just drive around with your quad bike/doom-buggy like you're special, even though every other mofo with a provisional licence is doing the same thing -people go to Napa and stunt like they are living the life. Try pick a b*tch up on a quad bike in London and see how far that gets you -_-.

Night falls and EVERYONE goes to the strip. All of the clubs and bars are located in one area, so now there is literally no way for you not to meet people as you will probably see them every night until they leave! As you walk down the strip you get to where it splits into 2 different roads; one is where the white people go, the other is where the black/urban inclined people go. You go down the black road (obviously, after all you're not reading my blog cause you're some posho) and you criss cross between Bazaar and Napa Dreams until the night clubs open.

That is Napa, EVERY DAY, in a nutshell! I recommend staying for no more than a week. I stayed for 2 weeks and now I hate raving.


When you meet people, most of them will be from London, so please explain to me how some of you will go there and beat someone from the same town as you, then come leave all carefree like 'Hey, it was nice knowing you! Adios amigo!' then a month later you f*ck around and go to a rave and SURPRISE, there they are!


Now I'm not saying you can't get away with cheating on your partner in Napa (this is not encouragement by the way, simple b*tch), you probably can, but I'm just letting you know that it isn't some magic Narnia land where you can move all haukuna matata-ish, especially with they way some of you are all over Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram/Facebook etc. N*ggas walking around all arrogant and sh*t with their Twitter @ printed on their t-shirt and expect to move anonymous, these times we all know your girlfriend is that bait Instagram fiend with the 'rebellious' name like @iFxckBadBxtches (that's an @ I made up just in case some of you are stupid enough to actually look for it...don't give me that look, you know b*tches be simple in 2013!)

Now, while the people with trust issues were all prattling on about how their partner couldn't go to Napa because they might cheat, myself and the rest of the people with common sense pointed out that if their partner wanted to cheat on them so much, they wouldn't have to buy a plane ticket to do so.

I said I would let my partner go to Napa -yes I know, everyone thinks I'm naive, but this is the way I see it; there's no point in being in a relationship with someone you don't trust; period. If you can't trust your partner enough to let them go on holiday for a few days without you and NOT cheat on you, well, you need to reconsider your relationship mate.

I noticed that it was more the males that didn't want their partners to go to places like Napa, to which they used excuses such as 'Girls move like man dem these days' and 'People only go to Napa for one reason', and it made me think; maybe the problem is not your partner, maybe the problem is you! Maybe the reason your partner going on a clubbing holiday is a problem for you because you know that if the shoe was on the other foot, cheating is something you'd be likely to do.

Some of you are projecting your own faults onto your partner, assuming that given the opportunity, they would behave like you in that situation. Other reasons for this mentality could be that you are basing your fears off of past experiences, or things you have seen the people close to you go through -think about it. In your opinion, you may believe that I'm chatting sh*t, but its my blog so:

I would totally let my partner go away, for 2 reasons:
1. If I'm with them I must trust them to some extent so I don't expect them to cheat on me. If they do and I find out, well...-_-

2. If I want to go away, he aint telling me I can't. Is my name Matilda? You know when I'd have to draw for that common 'strong, independent, black woman' response:
Treat people the way you want to be treated. I extend the same courtesies I expect my partner to extend to me. I'm not your mother, I'm not here to be policing where you can and cannot go...within reason.

I feel like after all of those ignorant captioned pictures that I should wrap this up by saying something that makes me sound wise...

People need to understand that relationships are not about controlling each other, they are about accepting both similarities and differences, honesty, loyalty, respect and compromise.

Did that suffice? No? Oh it's too cliché, you say? 

Anyway, I wanna know what you lot would do if your partner wanted to go on a clubbing holiday, would you let them or not, and why? Get at me in the comment section or via Twitter (@ScottyUnfamous).

Till next time,
 Sx


No comments:

Post a Comment